Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Late Morning Update - Wednesday

Carroll is on the BIPAP machine right now. It's much like the CPAP I use at night for sleep apnea. The CPAP is a big help for me and makes a tremendous difference, although I don't like it. I don't think Carroll likes the BIPAP either, but it is making a difference in the sound of his breathing. Of course, he hasn't like anything they've attached to him, put on him or around him in the last 24 - 30 hours.

Because of the level of carbon dioxide in his lungs, the BIPAP is being used to normalize his breathing. This will be used for one hour and then we'll know more. That should be at around 12:15 when they remove the BIPAP. Then the doctors will confer and talk with us later. They have to wait for the results before they confer, so I'm hoping to hear something from them around 1:00 or so.

One of the oncologists came in. They will not start any type of chemo or anything else while he is in the hospital. What they do depends on how he is when he is released.

I got such a good night's sleep in the room with Carroll last night that it's a wonder anyone else in the hospital slept at all. Some of the staff folks have already mentioned me snoring!!!

No comments: